Emergency Letting Repairs
If you are experiencing an emergency outside of our standard office hours and cannot reach us on our usual office telephone numbers or via email we have emergency contacts you can call.
Before calling the numbers below please ensure that the property you are calling regarding is managed by Shires Estate Agents Ltd (Mildenhall & Brandon offices), or Shires MBC Ltd (Bury St Edmunds Office) and you have tried calling and emailing us first. If this is the case and our offices are closed please get in touch with the preferred contractors listed below, but we must stress that this should only be a last resort and any non-emergency call outs will be charged to the tenant.
- If you have a serious water leak you will need to shut the water off to the property to reduce the risk of more damage to the property. The stop cock is usually located under the sink or may be listed on your initial check in inventory.
- If you have a smaller water leak that could be caught by a bucket and receive attention on the next working day please do this and email the office to request assistance when we are next open
- If you can smell gas you will need to shut the gas valve off at the meter and phone the national gas board for immediate assistance. Their number is 0800 111 999
- If you have lost power to the property, check that your neighbours have power. If they do not, you will need to speak with your utility provider. If your neighbour has power, please try to reset your fuse breaker before calling us.
If your property is managed by the Bury St Edmunds office, please contact the numbers below in case of emergencies only:
- Jack – 0737 7736 129
If your property is managed by the Mildenhall or Brandon offices, please contact the below numbers in case of emergency’s only:
- Gas Heating Services Ltd. – 07899846649
- Brunning Electrical Services – 07737698117
We hope that your issue gets sorted shortly.