Find Property Book a valuation
Find your property

USAF Housing

RAF Mildenhall, RAF Lakenheath and RAF Feltwell housing

For our American friends arriving from overseas, finding a home for you and your family can seem like a daunting task. Here at Shires Residential Letting Agents, we do everything that we can to ensure that from the time you land in the UK our experienced team are available to help you. We have USAF housing for RAF Mildenhall, RAF Lakenheath and RAF Feltwell. We have a wide selection of homes available in the areas surrounding the bases, as well as further afield if you prefer.

Frequently asked questions:

Have Shires dealt with US military personnel before?

Yes, we have worked alongside the US military for 30 years.

How do we organise viewings?

Simply telephone the appropriate office and we will qualify your requirements and arrange for you to view suitable properties. You may have already hired a car, your sponsor may be able to arrange transport or we may be able to collect you from outside Mildenhall base or the visitors centre at Lakenheath base.

Has the property already been inspected by the base?

We organise the Life Safety Inspections on your behalf with the Housing Management Office. We endeavour to undertake our own pre-inspections to ensure the property passes first time.

What are our charges?

We charge a basic administration fee when you apply to take one of our listings. Please contact the Shires branch handling the property that interests you to confirm current fees.

How do we pay?

The application fee is usually paid in cash or by card. ATM machines are located close to each of our offices for your convenience. Your deposit is usually paid by cheque or card, with your rent payable monthly by standing order. We will assist you in organising this to make sure the transition is as hassle-free and as friendly as possible.

Will a military clause be included within our tenancy agreement?

Yes, the Shorthold Assured Tenancy Agreements that are usually used are inserted automatically if you are a serving member of the US military. This means that if you are offered base housing or are having a PCS, you will be able to leave the property early.

How do we set up our utilities?

When you visit our office to collect the keys for your new rental property we will provide you with contact details for the appropriate utility companies and the latest meter readings to ensure a smooth transition of the utilities into your name.

Glossary of terminology

Or, contact one of our USAF Lettings team

Michelle Chapman

Lettings Negotiator